We are hosting a weekend of free orchard tours, demonstrations, and planting work parties on Sat-Sun May 4-5th. Great for all ages.
Learn how we are adapting to a challenging climate by blending commercial orchard techniques with permaculture principles, and growing fruit for our local Food Bank.
- Guided tours of our 5-year old 1.5 acre fruit orchard along the beautiful Fraser River south arm… currently in bloom!
- Learn about planting a bare-rooted nursery tree, pruning, blossom-thinning, and building healthy soil (see below)
- Help us plant 300 trees in our 5-year old apple and pear orchard
Saturday May 4th 9am-2pm
- 9am-2pm Work Party – Planting, Weeding, Mulching
- 10am Tree Planting Demonstration
- 12pm Orchard Tour & Talk: Blossom-thinning to manage fruit production