The Sharing Farm Society (SFS) is looking for a dynamic, committed, and experienced person, to join our team as Volunteer Coordinator.
The Sharing Farm Society is a community of amazing staff, directors, and volunteers who work together to grow organic fruits and vegetables for donation to our neighbours in need. Our 3-acre farm is located on City land at the northwestern tip of Richmond at Terra Nova Rural Park. We are a community farm, embracing the efforts of a large number of volunteers for our production and activities. We are guided by our mission, vision and values:
Our Mission: “We Grow Food, We Grow Farmers, We Grow Community.”
The Volunteer Coordinator Position
This is a seasonal staff position averaging 15 hours per week over the growing season (April to October). Our volunteer coordinator is responsible for the overall management of volunteer programs including recruiting, screening, managing and training volunteers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Create volunteer roles, function and job descriptions
- Post volunteer opportunities
- Hold regular volunteers training/orientation sessions
- Embrace, engage and educate volunteers to understand how their contributions benefit the community.
- Schedule Volunteers
- Promote and coordinate the corporate group volunteer program
- Communicate with group contacts and coordinate scheduling.
- Coordinate corporate group volunteer activities on the farm in consultation with Field Manager and Executive Director.
- Coordinate volunteers for our signature event – The Garlic Festival
- Coordinate and work with volunteers in farm activities.
- Develop and maintain processes and systems to manage volunteers at the farm
- Experience in farming, gardening or landscaping is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience coordinating and or managing volunteers (necessary)
Salary : $18/hr
Please send a cover letter and resume, including all relevant experience and training, to:
james [@] sharingfarm.ca by Feb 3rd , 2015.
Please include three references with your application, two of whom are for farm, garden or landscaping related positions. Also include both phone and email methods to contact you.
Applicants selected for an interview will be notified no later than: Feb 5, 2015. If you do not receive a call for an interview, we thank you for your application and will retain it on file.
The position will begin April 1st or sooner.