Project Manager: Fundraising Campaign
Project: The society is seeking a project manager to provide leadership and assistance to develop a comprehensive fundraising concept and campaign to support their programs and operations.
- Develop a fundraising concept and approach to support the farm’s operations and programs
- Define the fundraising goal for 2013 and meet it
- Generate a project plan for this year’s fundraising campaign
- Lead the team through the execution of the campaign
- Demonstrated experience in program/project management either in a non‐profit, government or private setting
- Experience in developing and executing fundraising campaigns
- Excellent communication and organization skills
Estimated Time Commitment: 10 hours per month (15 hours per month in the first 2 months)
Expected Start Date: End of May 2013 Expected End Date: November 2013
Scope of Work: The volunteer project manager will familiarize with the funding requirements of the Sharing Farm, as well as past and current funding. S/he will develop with the assigned staff and Board members the fundraising goals and approach. This will be documented in a project plan. The volunteer PM will then lead the execution of the campaign and assist the involved Sharing Farm people if and where required.
- Concept and goals for the 2013 fundraising campaign
- Project Plan
- Leadership during the execution of the campaign
- Assistance if and where required
Accountability: The volunteer Project Manager will have an end‐to end accountability for the deliverables, reporting to
James Gates, Farm Manager at the Sharing Farm Society.
Benefits: The Society will provide a letter of recommendation at the successful conclusion of the project. The project
manager will have the opportunity to improve his or her existing project management skills in the NFP sector.
In addition, the project manager may receive from time to time fresh and delicious organic produce!
Contact: James Gates, Farm Manager
How to Apply: Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting The Sharing Farm Society
in this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a
detailed resume to James Gates.
Deadline for Applications: May 24, 2013
Position Description © 2013 pm‐volunteers.org May 7, 2013
A grassroots initiative of the project management community, mobilizing high‐value, skilled, volunteer project management services
for our not‐for‐profit partners.