- 2 cups of loosely packed Arugula
- 1/2 to 2 cloves of garlic, crushed (or you can also use 3-4 garlic scapes here)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, sunflower seeds, hemp, walnuts, (your choice) lightly toasted in skillet
- 1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
Combine arugula, salt, garlic and nuts, and 1/2 of the oil in the food processor and whirl. Scrape down the sides of the container occasionally. Add oil gradually, and add extra if you prefer a thinner mixture. Stir in parmesan/nutritional yeast by hand just before serving.
Great way to store pesto is to fill an ice cube tray and freeze. Once they are frozen put the cubes in a ziploc bag. That way you can add them into dips, soups, pasta anytime!
Where Can I Buy Garlic Scapes?
Garlic scapes are only available for a short time each year. You can buy The Farm’s scapes at Save-On-Foods in Terra Nova and Galloway’s Specialty Foods in Richmond.