Dear Friends of the Farm,
1. Potluck & Intern Good-bye – Aug 25th
2. Seedling sale at Grow Up! – Aug 28th
3. Rubs & Marinade Workshop – Sept 1st
4. General volunteering – Heeellpp!!
1. You are invited to our monthly potluck this Wednesday, August 25th from 5pm onwards. This month’s potluck is a bit special as we say good-bye to our two fabulous summer interns, Emily & Maciej. Both are going back to Ontario to finish their studies. Oh how we’ll miss them… Bring a dish to share and come join us. Children & families are most welcome too.
2. This Saturday, August 28th, the Sharing Farm will be selling fall & winter vegetable seedlings as a fundraiser at the Richmond Cultural Center’s Grow Up! event between 1-4pm. If you didn’t get your Purple Sprouting broccoli or your January King Cabbage started, we’ve done the work for you. Other facets of the event include a bee workshop by Brian Campbell, a seed bomb workshop, plant exchange & bannock cooking demo.
3. Chef Ian Lai will be teaching a Rubs & Marinades (Dry & Wet Cures) class on Wednesday, Sept 1st from 6:30 – 8:00. If you are interested in joining the class, the cost is $5 for adults, free for youth. Reply to this e-mail to register. The class will be held at the red barn in Terra Nova, 2631 Westminster Hwy.
4. Last but not least, now that our summer interns are leaving, we would LOVE some help harvesting at the farm. Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Saturdays from 9-3 are our harvest & work days so please come out! Don’t leave poor Kareno alone in the fields… drop by for a couple of hours and see how happy she gets.
Thanks everyone for your support.
on behal of
The Sharing Farm team